1.5 pounds of local FRESH green beans chopped
2 cups of milk
1 spring onion chopped medium
3 yukon gold potatoes half boiled and quartered
3 small beets roasted at 400F in oven and peeled
2/3 tsp. black pepper
1/3 tsp. thyme
1/3 tsp. basil
1/3 tsp. cayenne red pepper
2/3 tsp. garlic powder
salt to taste
1. Steam the green beans until tender. At the same time heat up milk until scalding but not boiled
2. Puree the beans and milk together in a blender, until mostly smooth. This mixture should be rather thick, almost like a smoothie texture. Scoop into a pot and bring over a low flame.
3. In a pan, saute the onions and potatoes with ghee and salt. Cover for 5 minutes.
4. While onions/potatoes are cooking, add all spices to green bean soup.
5. Throw in onion/potatoes into the green bean soup. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
6. LEAVE the beets out of the soup! Cut the beats and portion into soup bowls (serves 4).
7. Ladel the bean soup mixture on top of the beets, making sure some get potatoes and onions in there.
Amazing I tell ya! Can be enjoyed without the beets. But the beets... they give the soup this wonderful bite of sweetness. It's good.