Baked Sturgeon & Mixed Vegetables
Pre-heat oven to 425.
0.75 pounds sturgeon filet
1 tblsp. olive oil
2 garlic pods minced
1/2 onion diced into medium pieces
1 hot house tomato finely chopped
1/2 a head of cabbage torn by hand into pieces
1 zucchini thinly sliced
1 russet potato cubed
1/3 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. coriander powder
1/4 tsp. cumin
sweet paprika to liking
1 tsp. ghee
1. Boil a potato cut into quarters in a pot of water and salt to speed cooking time.
1. Coat the bottom of a baking dish with olive oil and put sturgeon skin side down.
2. Coat the top and sides of the filet with miso dressing. Then crust with coriander and pepper. And a dusting of cayenne.
3. Place in pre-heated oven for 10 minutes, or until cooked.
1. Put ghee in a medium skillet over medium/high heat.
2. When melted, throw in garlic and onions. Fry until almost clear and add tomato. Add salt and pepper.
3. Fry until onions are soft and clear.
4. Add the torn cabbage leaves. Add all spices. Add salt. Cook 7-8 minutes covered, stirring occasionally.
5. Add in zucchini and cut up boiled potato. Add salt. And cook until zucchini is somewhat translucent.
Serve with warm wheat pita bread.